Every Wednesday night, Costas Inn takes a break with Winedown Wednesday! Come for some mid-week relaxation with live jazz music and half-priced bottles of wine paired with savory seafood. At the end of the week, rev it up with Classic Rock Fridays! Get ready for the weekend with a live band playing all your favorite classic rock hits, and take advantage of our food and drink specials! Here are some fun facts about wine and music to get you all ready for Winedown Wednesday and Classic Rock Friday!
Fun Facts About Wine
- Wine is Good For Your Health. Red wines contain the beneficial antioxidants polyphenol and resveratrol, which improve heart health and have preventative effects against cancer. Wine has also been documented to have positive, long-term effects on a woman’s libido if two glasses are drunk per day.
- Check the Color. Wines change color as they age. A white wine will become darker as it ages, finally reaching a brownish hue of yellow at their darkest. A red wine, on the other hand, will become lighter as it ages, going from deep red to a light, reddish brown.
- Swirl Your Glass. Wine experts swirl their wine around in the glass because it releases more of the aroma. They also make sure to never fill the glass more than 1/3 of the way full, that way there’s room in the glass for aromas to collect.
Fun Facts About Music
- I Know What I Like and I Like What I Know. Studies show that our taste in music is largely influenced by familiarity. If we’ve heard the song before, we’re more likely to recognize it and like it. The same goes for original versions of songs; they always seem better than covers because we heard them first and are more familiar with them.
- My Heart Will Go On. When you listen to music, your heart beat actually changes according to the beat of the song!
- Pure Happiness. Listening to music causes a chemical reaction in your brain that releases dopamine, which elevates your mood! Dopamine is also released during exercise, singing, dancing, and eating crab cakes.
COME TO KARAOKE NIGHTS AT COSTAS INN!
Costas Inn has been a family owned and operated restaurant for over 40 years. We were recently voted the 2015 #1 Baltimore Seafood Restaurant by local expert Tamar Fleischman of USA Today, putting us in the same company as other prestigious restaurants like Cinghiale, Aldo’s, Pazo, Miss Shirley’s, and The Prime Rib! We were also voted #1 Crab Restaurant 2014 in the Baltimore Business Journal! You can enjoy our famous crab cakes in-house or order them online for anytime eating. We also provide some of the best seafood catering in the Baltimore area! You can also get your fill from Costas even when you’re not in our dining room: follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and YouTube!